Make your own mixed up Vegetable and Ham Tart
Before you cut into it, this tart looks a bit like a cheesecake. But on closer inspection, what actually emerges is a hearty Vegetable and Ham Tart — with cheese. Its easy preparation is sure to have you dashing to the kitchen to bring this culinary camouflage expert to the table.
For the pastry:
- 1.4 oz cheese, grated
- 8.1 fl oz milk
- 8.1 fl oz oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
For the filling:
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 5.3 oz ham, diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 5.3 oz cheese, grated
- 3.5 oz spring onions, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- Put all the ingredients for the pastry in a blender and mix them until you have created a uniform mixture.
- Evenly cover the bottom of a springform pan with half of the pastry mix.
- Stir all the other ingredients together and spread them out over the dough in the springform pan.
- Now spread the second half of the dough over the filling and bake the Vegetable and Ham Tart for 40 minutes at 340°F.
This tasty tart that looks like a cheesecake is an easy-to-make, creative meal with the potential to delight you time and again. And if you want to try out some variations for your own version, you can always try adding some different vegetables and herbs to the filling.