Our Upside-Down Apple Cake Is No Oven Baking At Its Best
- 1 apple
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
For the batter:
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz flour
- 1½ oz ground almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 oz butter
Preparation time: 30-40 min in total
Baking time in the cooking pot (nonstick, diameter: 6 in): 25 min
1. Cut the apple in half and place one halve to the side for now. Remove the core from the other halve and cut it into pieces.
2. Add the apple pieces and raisins to a pot and caramelize everything for one minute with the golden syrup.
3. Next, stir the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract together. Sieve the flour, ground almonds, cinnamon, and baking powder onto the mixture before carefully folding everything together — this will make the cake nice and fluffy later.
4. Now heat up the butter in a pot or microwave. Add the melted butter to the batter and stir until the mixture is creamy.
5. Remember the other halve of the apple you put to the side? Peel it, remove the core, cut it into pieces, and add them to the creamy batter.
6. Now pour the batter onto the caramelized apple and raisins in the pot. Leave everything to cook for 25 minutes on a low heat.
7. To finish, take a plate and turn the cake onto it. Take care as the pot will be hot! Therefore, it's best to use a cloth or oven gloves when handing the pot.
8. Your delicious cake is now ready to serve. You may also want to pour some more golden syrup on top.
Have you ever baked a cake in a pot before? Well, you have now!
As you can see (and taste), our Upside-Down Apple Cake is a real winner. Dig in!