Twisted Smoked Salmon Ring
If you're a real foodie, you already know that smoked salmon is ridiculously delicious. And it only gets better once it's combined with homemade dough and a tangy ricotta dill cream, with the end result being a twisted smoked salmon ring. Classic lox bagel flavors presented in a totally new package, what's not to love?!
For the dough:
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ tsp dry yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
For the ricotta dill cream:
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 bunch of dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- pepper to taste
For the honey mustard sauce:
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- pepper to taste
- 14 oz smoked salmon
- 1 whisked egg for the egg wash
1. Knead all the ingredients for the dough together and let it rest, covered, for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight.
2. Roll the dough out into a rectangle. Combine all the ingredients for the ricotta dill cream and spread it over the dough, leaving the edges empty. Top the ricotta dill cream with the smoked salmon, roll the dough up into a log, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F and cut the stuffed dough roll in half lengthwise.
4. Weave the 2 dough strips together to create a braid.
5. Form the twisted braid into a circle, carefully press the ends together, and let the twisted ring rest for 30 minutes at room temperature. Afterwards, brush the egg wash over the dough and cook for 40 minutes. Prepare the honey mustard sauce by combining the honey, whole grain mustard, and pepper and serve it with the twisted smoked salmon ring once it has cooled.
Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside – this gorgeous combination of homemade dough, smoked salmon, and ricotta dill cream delivers in just about every way imaginable!
Get the recipe for the Braided Pizza Bread featured in the bonus video.