Tuna Cracker Casserole: Retro Recipe With A Modern Twist
Do you like hearty, cheesy casseroles? Do you think old-school recipes get a bad rap and deserve a comeback? Do you eat fish every chance you get? Then this is the unconventional dish you've been waiting for!
- 32 crackers
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2½ oz tuna fish
- 2 oz shredded cheese
- parsly to garnish
- cherry tomatoes to garnish
For the mayonnaise:
- 6 fl oz vegetable oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp mustard
- 1 egg
1. Take cooled, hard boiled eggs and separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
2. Separately grate the egg yolks and the egg whites.
3. Combine and mix the homemade mayonnaise ingredients in a separate bowl and set aside.
4. Add a tablespoon of the homemade mayonnaise and some pepper to the shredded egg whites and mix together.
5. Get 8 crackers and a nice plate or platter. Spread a dab of mayonnaise on the back of each cracker and stick it to the plate.
6. Spread mayonnaise on top of the 8 crackers and then spread a layer of the egg white mixture.
7. Cover the egg white layer with 8 more crackers.
8. Spread another layer of mayonnaise on top and then add a layer of tuna fish.
9. Cover the tuna layer with 8 more crackers.
10. Cover the crackers with another layer of mayonnaise and then sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
11. Cover the cheese layer with 8 more crackers.
12. Spread the final mayonnaise layer over the crackers and sprinkle the shredded egg yolks on top.
13. Spread the remaining mayonnaise along the edges and garnish with fresh parsley on the sides and halved cherry tomatoes on top.
This hearty dish looks great, tastes delicious, and is definitely one of a kind!
You can find the recipe for the Lasagna Sandwich featured in the bonus video here.