Triple Ripple Chocolate Cheesecake
This is THE perfect no-bake cake for all the chocoholics out there. 3 layers of chocolate create an eye-catching ripple effect that wouldn't look out of place at a fancy shindig. But it's not just easy on the eyes and easy to make, it's also all kinds of delicious – the perfect marriage of chocolate and cheesecake. Yummy!
- 20 chocolate graham crackers
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 32 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 6 soaked gelatin sheets (or 6 tsp unflavored gelatin powder)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1. Put the chocolate graham crackers in a freezer bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter, press the mixture into a 9-inch greased springform pan, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
2. Combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract. Heat the heavy cream, stir the soaked gelatin sheets in the cream, and finally add it to the cream cheese mixture.
3. Divide the batter between 4 bowls as follows: 3 cups, 2½ cups, 2 cups, and 1 cup.
4. Melt the chocolate in a hot water bath. Now stir 2 tablespoons of the melted chocolate into the second bowl with 2½ cups of batter, 3 tablespoons of chocolate into the third bowl with 2 cups of batter, and 4 tablespoons of chocolate into the fourth bowl with 1 cup of batter. Don't add any chocolate to the first bowl with 3 cups of batter. You can now tell the difference between batters by their color.
5. Pour the first bowl of batter (the one without any chocolate) over the graham cracker crust in the springform pan.
6. Pour the contents of the second bowl into the middle of the white batter in the springform pan.
7. Now do the same with the third bowl.
8. Then pour the darkest batter into the middle of the springform pan.
9. Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
A true elevation of what chocolate cake is meant to be, this cake will leave a lasting impression at any big bash. And while the cake may look simple, the taste is anything but. This is the perfect combination of creamy and chocolatey!
Get the recipe for the Zebra Cheesecake featured in the bonus video.