Triple Chocolate Lava Cake Topped With Kinder Chocolate Bars
When you imagine the perfect dessert, a few things might come to mind: rich and creamy chocolate, a deliciously moist cake, maybe even your favorite candy bar. Believe it or not, we were able to combine all 3 of these things into THE ultimate cake. This triple chocolate dream of a dessert combines the gooey, dense chocolate of a lava cake filling with a rich, moist chocolatey exterior. But the cherry on top of the sundae, so to speak, has got to be the Kinder chocolate bar topping that brings this cake to decadent, smooth perfection!
For the chocolate lava balls:
- ¼ stick butter
- 1⅓ cups sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup cocoa powder
For the chocolate cake:
- 1¾ sticks butter
- 7 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ cup flour
- 16 Kinder chocolate bars
- 10-inch pie dish
1. To make the chocolate lava, melt the butter in a saucepan and then add the sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder. Stir constantly until the mixture is smooth and creamy, making sure that it doesn't burn. Transfer the mixture to the refrigerator and let cool for at least 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F. To make the batter for the chocolate cake, use a double boiler to melt the butter and semi-sweet chocolate and stir until smooth. Remove the top section of the double boiler, add the eggs, sugar, salt, and flour to the chocolate mixture, and mix well.
3. Take the cooled chocolate lava mixture out of the refrigerator and form small balls out of it.
4. Pour half of the chocolate cake batter into a pie dish. Push the chocolate lava balls into the first layer of cake batter and pour the rest of the cake batter over the chocolate lava balls.
5. Transfer the pie dish to the oven and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
6. Reduce the oven temperature to 250°F. Cut the Kinder chocolate bars lengthwise into even strips and place them on top of the chocolate cake so that the surface is completely covered. Transfer the pie dish back to the oven and bake at 250°F for about 10 minutes, or until the chocolate bars have melted.
If you thought that devil's food cake was the ultimate chocolate cake, you're in for a sweet surprise! This triple chocolate lava cake combines all kinds of chocolate into one amazingly moist, gooey cake!
Get the recipe for the Kinder Chocolate Bar Cake featured in the bonus video.