In the eye of the storm: tornado hot dogs
Take cover! There's a tornado coming through the kitchen! No need to worry. This is one tornado that leaves everything in its path safe and sound. And did we mention it's also delicious?
You will need:
- 5 hot dogs
- 1 sheet pizza dough
- 10 skewers
- Cut the hot dogs in half and spear each half onto a skewer.
- Now it gets a bit tricky: Place a knife at an angle and cut into the hot dog until the knife meets the skewer. Now turn the skewer, keeping the knife in place. This forms a spiral which, once complete, you pull apart carefully.
- Roll out the pizza dough and cut it into thin strips. Roll each strip to form ropes.
- Press the rope into the spiral gap of each hot dog. Press the end of the rope firmly to the skewer so that it stays in place.
- Now place your hot dog skewers on a pan lined with baking paper, and bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
Ta-da! Your tornado hot dogs are finished! We have a feeling this storm might be sweeping through your kitchen more often. Enjoy!