Unleash your inner beast: Tiger Cake
While the world is clearly separated into dog people and cat people, we can all agree that the bigger cat species are quite impressive and majestic. Although stunning in pictures or from afar, nobody really wants to get too close. Nope, we'd much rather enjoy gorgeous feline patterns on clothing, blankets, and now CAKE!
You will need:
- 1 small pumpkin, 1 3/4 lb
- 2 oranges
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange soda
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3.5 oz chocolate
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes and place them into a pot. Squeeze out the juice of two oranges and pour over the pumpkin cubes. Cook together until the pumpkin becomes soft.
- Separate the four eggs. Beat the egg yolks with 1/4 cup of sugar until stiff. Add the orange soda and oil to the mixture and then, using a sieve, add the flour and baking powder. Mix the ingredients together to form a batter.
- Now beat the remaining egg whites with 1/4 cup of sugar, and fold the mixture into the batter.
- Divide the batter into two equal portions. Add the cocoa and 1/2 cup milk to one portion of batter, and the pumpkin mash to the other. Mix well.
- Alternating between each batter, spoon into the middle of a springform pan and let spread to the edges. In order to create a beautiful pattern, be sure to spoon the batter into the middle of the previous layer. Bake for 45-50 min at 300 °F.
- Finally, melt the chocolate and pour over the cooled, finished product.
You will pounce on this delicious treat before it pounces on you! Your friends will certainly be impressed — if you share that is. Meow!