How To Make The Perfect Steak
Making the perfect steak is a true work of art and requires a certain knack and skill set. If you're not careful, the steak could turn out undercooked, overcooked, raw, or tough. And while everyone has a different preference as to how they like their meat cooked, no one will be able to denounce the flavor of this steak thanks to our perfectly seasoned spice rub.
For the spice rub:
- 3 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground coffee
- ½ tsp ground thyme
- beef steak (8-12 oz)
- 2 large onions, sliced
- ground black pepper to taste
- grilling plank
1. Soak the grilling plank in water for at least 2 hours. Meanwhile, select a thick cut of meat with high marbling.
2. Prepare the spice rub and rub the mixture into the steak.
3. Grill the steak on each side for 3 minutes.
4. Place the grilling plank on the grill and let it cook on one side.
5. Turn the board over and place the onion slices on top. Place the steak on top of the onions, sprinkle some black pepper on the steak, close the grill lid, and indirectly grill the steak. Let the steak rest 10 minutes before cutting into it.
Now that is one good-looking piece of meat! Thanks to the spice rub, onions, and grilling plank, this steak gives off a wonderfully delicious aroma that will have your neighbors lining up around the block to get a bite.
You can find the recipe for the Cheese Bun Bacon Burger featured in the bonus video here.