Tangerine Cake Roll With Homemade Yogurt Cream
The great thing about tangerines is that you can buy them all year round. And because the following dessert combines the delicious citrus fruit with a light yogurt cream and delicious fluffy dough, that means you're going to want to eat it all year round too. Finally a tasty way to load up on vitamins every day!
For the cake roll:
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
For the yogurt cream:
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz plain yogurt
- 6 oz heavy whipping cream
- 4 sheets of gelatin
- 5 tangerines
- mint leaves, whipped cream, and daisies to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix 4 egg yolks with half of the powdered sugar and whisk together. Add the flour, olive oil, and milk and whisk until smooth.
2. Whip the 4 egg whites. Add the remaining powdered sugar and beat until stiff. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture and your cake batter is ready.
3. Pour the batter into a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and smooth it out. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. Moisten a clean dish towel with water and flip the cooked cake over onto to. Remove the parchment paper and let the cake cool down.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the yogurt cream. Mix the yogurt, vanilla extract, and soaked gelatin together. Beat the heaving whipping cream, carefully fold it into the other cream mixture and set the finished yogurt cream aside. Peel the 5 tangerines and remove the white pith. Spread some of the yogurt cream over the cake and place the peeled tangerines in a line at one end.
6. Use the dish towel to help you roll up the cake. Refrigerate the cake roll for at least 2 hours.
Garnish the finished cake roll with whipped cream, fresh mint leaves, tangerine slices, and small daisies. This dessert is not only fast and easy to make, it's deliciously refreshing and light – perfect for a warm summer evening!
You can find the recipe for the Orange Sponge Cake Tiramisu featured in the bonus video here.