Taco Braid: Stuff Your Pizza Dough With A Taco Filling
Football season has begun, and countless men and women are experiencing fall sports fever! The perfect football party doesn’t require much: a few friends, a television, and your favorite beer. Snacks are also important, but chips and dip have nothing on this easy, creative recipe. Say hello to the taco braid!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 sheet pizza dough
- 1 tomato, diced
- 8 oz shredded cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onions and ground beef.
- Add the spices to the hot pan and mix well.
- Roll out the pizza dough and using a pizza cutter, cut strips on both sides, about a third of the length of the sheet. The strips should be around two centimeters wide.
- Distribute the ground beef evenly along the center section of the dough. Add the diced tomato and grated cheese. Save a bit of the cheese for later!
- Fold the strips of dough diagonally over the middle, alternating sides, so that you create a braid pattern.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top of the braided dough, and bake for 25 minutes at 375 °F.
If you can't decide between pizza and tacos, this is certainly a great solution! And hey, even if your favorite team doesn't win, the taco braid guarantees a satisfying evening with family and friends!