Swiss Beer Fondue With Fusilli Pasta And Sausage Dippers
Attention, attention! This is the snack of the century! Succulent crunchy sausages, a rich cheese sauce infused with beer, and swirly pasta – what more could you possibly ask for?! The whole thing comes in a springform pan too, so it's perfect for dipping and sharing. Admittedly, it is a little bit out there and some might even call it crazy, but there's no denying that it's a true delight for the senses. This culinary revelation is THE appetizer to serve at your next dinner party!
- 10 sausage links
- 14 oz fusilli pasta
- 28 oz Swiss cheese
- 8 fl oz beer
- ¼ cup milk
- pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- ¼ cup crispy fried onions
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 long wooden skewers
- 9-inch springform pan
1. Place the sausages next to each other on a cutting board and insert a wooden skewer through all the sausages on the top and bottom.
2. Place the skewered sausages in a large roasting pan and cook them on both sides.
3. Take the sausages out of the pan and cut through them in the middle. Make sure the sausage halves are still on the skewers.
4. Place the two sausage skewers in a springform pan so they form the shape of a cross.
5. Cook the fusilli and spoon the pasta into 2 of the 4 sausage compartments in the springform pan.
6. Add the shredded Swiss cheese to a pot over medium heat and add the beer and milk. Season everything with pepper and let it come up to a boil. Feel free to add some corn starch for an even creamier sauce.
7. Pour the cheese sauce into the other two compartments in the springform pan. Remove the wooden skewers from the sausages and garnish the dish with crispy fried onions and finely sliced scallions.
If this isn't enough proof that you should always have a springform pan handy even if you're not into baking, we don't know what is. Enjoy this cheesy sausage snack!
Check out the recipe for the Spiral Bratwurst Pizza featured in the bonus video.