Spice Up The Dinner Table With Baked Sweet Potato Boats
Are sweet potatoes part of your regular diet? If not, well now is the time. Add some spice to your life with this Latin-inspired recipe for loaded sweet potatoes!
- 1 sweet potato
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 red onion, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 9 oz chicken breast
- mix of peppers
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 oz black beans
- 1/2 lime
- 2 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- First wrap your washed sweet potato in a paper towel and microwave for 10 minutes at full power. Afterwards, remove the paper towel and puncture the potato all over with a fork. Wrap again with a paper towel and microwave for another 10 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and add the chicken breast. Once the meat is cooked through, add the peppers and onion, followed by the garlic, cumin, salt, and paprika powder. Cook all the ingredients together for a short time, at maximum heat.
- Turn off the heat, add the black beans to the pan, and mix together. Now remove the pan from the stove.
- Cut the cooked sweet potato lengthwise, and scoop out both halves.
- Transfer the the sweet potato filling to the pan and mix well with the other ingredients.
- Fill the sweet potato halves with the chicken mixture. Squeeze lime over the top of both halves, followed by a generous amount of grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 350°F.
- For a delicious finishing touch, garnish the sweet potatoes with the diced avocado.
Who knew that an ordinary sweet potato possessed such extraordinary potential? Not only does it taste great, but this dish is also loaded with veggies and will leave you feeling guilt-free. Is it dinnertime yet?