Keto Zucchini Bites Stuffed With Seasoned Ground Beef
Everyone loves a good casserole because they look and taste great, and when done right, it practically makes itself. Today we're serving up an unconventional casserole that's chock full of zucchini, beef, and cheese and topped with a creamy sauce. This ain't your grandma's casserole dish!
For the stuffed zucchini:
- 6 small zucchinis
- 20 oz ground beef
- 4 tbsp parmesan
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 slice of white bread, torn into pieces
- salt, pepper & nutmeg to taste
- 1 egg
For the sauce:
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tbsp flour
- 16 fl oz milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp parmesan to garnish
- 4 tbsp bread crumbs to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut each zucchini into 4 or 5 pieces depending on their size and hollow them out (we used a shot glass, but feel free to use a knife or cookie cutter).
2. Cut the scooped out zucchini pieces and mix them with the ground beef, parmesan, parsley, bread pieces, and egg. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
3. Fill the hollow zucchini pieces with the ground beef filling and place them vertically in a casserole dish (ø 9-inch).
4. Melt the butter in a pot and cook the chopped onion in it. Stir in the flour and milk, bring to a boil, season with salt and pepper, and then puree the sauce.
5. Pour the sauce over the stuffed zucchini pieces and sprinkle parmesan and bread crumbs on top. Cook until golden brown, about 35 minutes.
This casserole is guaranteed to be memorable, because never before has zucchini looked or tasted so delicious!
You can find the recipe for the Beef & Zucchini Tart featured in the bonus video here.