Spaghetti Rolls Stuffed With Hard-Boiled Eggs And Bacon Cream Cheese
If there are two things that most households are clamoring to buy right now, it's got to be toilet paper and pasta. By the way, did you know that spaghetti is the most popular type of pasta in America? And for good reason! If you have a bunch of toilet paper rolls laying around and there's spaghetti in the pantry, this recipe is perfect for you. We're using toilet paper rolls to create a kind of savory cannoli – the spaghetti rolls get all nice and crispy and are then stuffed with eggs and a silky smooth bacon cream cheese. Goodbye boring pasta!
You'll Need (for 3):
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 bacon stips
- salt & pepper to taste
- 7 hard-boiled eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 toilet paper rolls
- plastic wrap
- aluminum foil
1. Boil the spaghetti in salted water until it's al dente. Drain the pasta and combine the still warm spaghetti noodles with 2 egg yolks.
2. Place the spaghetti noodles lengthwise next to each other on a piece of plastic wrap, making sure that the noodles are about as wide as a toilet paper roll is long.
3. Wrap aluminum foil around each toilet paper roll.
4. Roll up the spaghetti noodles with the help of the the toilet paper roll and the plastic wrap. Press the noodles down firmly and then remove the plastic wrap. Repeat with the rest of the spaghetti noodles and toilet paper rolls, for a total of 3 spaghetti rolls.
5. Fry the spaghetti rolls on all sides in a pan with hot oil until golden brown and crispy and then let them all cool down.
6. Place the hard-boiled eggs in ice water and remove the shells. Set 3 of the eggs aside for now and put the remaining 4 eggs in a jar with vegetable oil, cream cheese, and grated parmesan, and season with salt and pepper. Then purée the mixture until smooth.
7. Fry the bacon until crispy and then let it cool down a bit. Crumble the cooked bacon into small pieces, add to the egg cream cheese mixture, and mix everything until combined.
8. Remove the aluminum foil toilet paper rolls from the spaghetti rolls and place the spaghetti rolls in an upright position in front of you. Fill each roll halfway with the bacon cream cheese.
9. Place one hard-boiled egg into each spaghetti roll and fill it up completely with more bacon cream cheese.
This recipe cleverly combines pasta and eggs, and it's especially great for kids because it has a new and exciting look to it. After all, regular 'ol tomato sauce can get a little boring after a while!
Check out the recipe for the Cheese-Baked Spaghetti Wrapped In Meatballs featured in the bonus video.