Enjoy 3 Tasty Treats With This Stuffed Snack Tower of Power
Are you looking for something really special and perfectly themed for your upcoming holiday party? Then this stuffed snack tower is just what you need! Whether you choose to unveil it at your Christmas party or New Year's Eve get-together, everybody will love it as the eye-catching centerpiece of your buffet table and they'll be pleasantly surprised by the tasty fillings.
For the dough:
- 35 oz flour
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- approx. 18 fl oz lukewarm water
For the filling:
- approx. 35 mini mozzarella balls
- approx. 35 cherry tomatoes
- approx. 35 hot dog pieces
- 3 egg yolks for the egg wash
For the cheesy topping:
- 14 oz Swiss cheese
- 3 fl oz cream
- 3 tbsp parsley
For the decoration:
- cardboard and aluminum foil for the tower
- toothpicks to attach the snack balls
1. You can make your own dough using the above ingredients and let it sit for one hour, or alternatively, you use ready made dough, such as a sheet of puff pastry or pizza dough. Roll the dough out into a rectangle and cut it into 16 squares with a pizza cutter.
2. Fill each dough square with a mini mozzarella ball, cherry tomato, or hot dog piece, seal the dough, and roll it into a ball.
3. Spread the balls out on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, brush the egg yolk wash over the balls, and bake about 14 minutes at 355°F.
4. Meanwhile, take a piece of cardboard and cut it into two 6 x 14 inch triangles. Cut one of the two triangles along one side so you can put both cardboard triangles into each other.
5. Completely wrap the tower in aluminum foil.
6. Stick a toothpick in each cooled snack ball and stick them around the tower.
7. Melt the Swiss cheese and cream in a pan and gently pour the melted cheese over the tower. Garnish the entire snack tower with parsley.
Each dough ball will be a real treat for you and your guests, because you won't know what you're getting until you bite into the tasty appetizer. Get ready for a delicious evening full of surprises!
The recipe for the 4 Fun Snacks featured in the bonus video can be found here.