Stuffed Snack Pyramid With 3 Different Fillings & A Creamy Cheese Sauce
Are you only kind of hungry, yet still want something hearty and filling? Then try this delicious stuffed snack pyramid topped with a creamy cheese sauce! It's easy to make, nice to look at, fun to experiment with, and best of all, it will certainly get the job done when it comes to filling you up.
- 30 slices of sandwich bread
- 5 hot dogs
- about 25 cherry tomatoes
- about 40 pitted black olives
- wooden skewers
- melted butter
For the cheese sauce:
- 14 fl oz milk
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 10 mini Babybel cheese wheels
- salt & pepper to taste
For the garnish:
- chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F and cut the crusts off all the bread slices. Place 2 slices of bread next to each other, while slightly overlapping, and roll them flat with a rolling pin. Repeat with the rest of the bread slices.
2. Roll up a hot dog in one of the flattened bread sheets. Repeat with the other 4 hot dogs.
3. Stick about 5 cherry tomatoes on a wooden skewer and roll the skewer up in one of the flattened bread sheets. Repeat this process 4 more times.
4. Stick about 8 pitted black olives on a wooden skewer and roll the skewer up in one of the flattened bread sheets. Repeat this process 4 more times.
5. Remove the wooden skewers and place all 15 of the stuffed bread rolls side by side on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Brush melted butter over the rolls and bake for 20 minutes.
6. For the cheese sauce, first heat the milk in a pot over medium heat. Remove the wax covers from the cheese wheels and place them in the hot milk. Once the cheese has melted, add the cornstarch and season the sauce with salt and pepper.
Stack the stuffed bread rolls as shown in the video, pour the cheese sauce over the pyramid, and garnish with fresh parsley. Wow – now that's our kind of pyramid!
You can find the recipe for the Cherry Pyramid Cake featured in the bonus video here.