Inside Out Meat & Potato Surprise
Potatoes are the perfect vegetable, especially because there are so many different ways to prepare them. They're also pretty much the definition of comfort food, thus making them a meal option in the cold winter months. Here's a very special recipe that will keep you warm and full: delicious stuffed potato dumplings.
- 7 potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz parmesan
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 lb ground meat
- 7 oz spinach
- 10½ oz cheddar
- salt & pepper
1. Peel and grate the potatoes. Then wrap them in a dish towel and squeeze out the liquid. Put the dried potatoes in a bowl, add the eggs, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese, and mix well.
2. Dice the onion and garlic and fry them together with the ground meat and spinach leaves in a pan. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Line a bowl with plastic wrap, add some of the grated potatoes, and press it down into the bottom and sides of the bowl. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top, fill with a portion of the ground meat mixture, and sprinkle another generous helping of cheddar cheese on top.
4. Pull up on the plastic wrap, form into a ball shape, and twist the end of the plastic wrap to seal it.
5. Chill the potato dumplings and then place them on a sheet pan.
6. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes.
7. Cut into one of your inside out meat & potato surprise dumplings and you're in for a cheesy surprise!
The recipe for the Inside Out Fry Burger featured in the bonus recipe can be found here.