Seared Pork Cups Stuffed With Peppers And Feta
Pork tenderloin is a delicious, rich cut of meat that we absolutely love to cook with. When prepared correctly, it's so tender that it almost melts in your mouth, and its taste is unbeatable. This recipe for seared pork cups stuffed with a spicy, zesty filling just might be the ultimate way to prepare pork tenderloin. The meat gets seared to juicy perfection, turned inside out, stuffed with cheese and veggies, and marinated, making for an amazing meat dish. Juicy, tangy, tender, and delicious – these pork cups are seared genius!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
For the pork cups:
- 1½ lbs pork tenderloin
- salt & pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
For the filling:
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 yellow chili pepper, minced
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 7 oz feta cheese, cubed
- vegetable oil for sautéing
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella for the topping
For the marinade:
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and soak a large wooden skewer in water so that it doesn't burn in the oven. For the pork cups, cut the pork tenderloin into 3 equal segments and season with salt & pepper. Heat some vegetable oil in a pan and sear the pork, making sure to avoid cooking the edges so that the meat can be turned inside out later. Take the seared pieces of pork off of the heat and let them cool.
2. For the filling, sauté the sliced red onion, red bell peppers, minced chili pepper, chopped garlic, lemon zest, and seasonings. Once the ingredients have cooked, fold in the feta cheese.
3. Cut a hole in the sides of the cooled pieces of pork tenderloin, then turn them inside out.
4. Spoon the filling into the pork cups, then slide the soaked wooden skewer through all 3. Prop up the 2 ends of the wooden skewer so that the stuffed pork cups are suspended.
5. Stir together the ingredients for the marinade and brush it over the exterior of the stuffed pork cups.
6. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on top of the stuffed pork cups, then transfer the wooden skewer to the oven and hang it on the oven rack. Bake the stuffed pork cups at 400°F for 20 minutes.
7. Once the stuffed pork cups have baked, remove the wooden skewer and serve them with a fresh salad and some dipping sauce.
These stuffed pork cups baked on a wooden skewer are a gorgeous, inventive new dish. From the zesty Mediterranean-inspired filling to the deliciously marinated pork exterior, they're a true feast for the senses!
Get the recipe for the Stuffed Beef Rump Cap Roast featured in the bonus video.