Stuffed Pepper Flowers With Ground Beef And Cheese Served Over Creamed Spinach
Stuffed peppers always make a great meal. They're quick & easy to make, delicious, and there's plenty of room for experimenting with new fillings and flavors. This recipe for stuffed pepper flowers will add a whole new delicious variation to your stuffed pepper repertoire. We're stuffing red bell peppers with ground beef, pizza dough, and cheese, so they actually bloom in the oven and come out looking like beautiful flowers – and they taste as amazing as they look! You'll want to eat a whole garden's worth of them!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20–25 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
For the stuffed pepper flowers:
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 oz ground beef
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- pizza dough
- 1 cube of cheese
- 1 whisked egg for the egg wash
For the creamed spinach:
- 3 oz spinach
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ground nutmeg
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the top off of the red bell pepper and remove the seeds, then make some slices down the sides to make the petals of the flower. Chop the discarded pieces of red bell pepper into small pieces.
2. Cook the chopped pieces of red bell pepper together with onions and ground beef, then season it with salt & pepper. Once the ground beef mixture has cooked, add in the chopped parsley.
3. For the creamed spinach, heat the spinach and heavy cream in a frying pan and cook it until the spinach has wilted. Season the mixture with salt, pepper, and ground nutmeg. Roll out a piece of pizza dough into a circle 6 inches in diameter, then spoon the ground beef mixture into the center of the dough. Place a cube of cheese on top of the ground beef mixture, then roll everything up into a ball.
4. Flip the ball of dough over and place it inside the red bell pepper. Whisk an egg for the egg wash, then brush the surface of the dough with it. Use clean scissors to cut the top of the dough a few times so that the cuts cross over each other, then open up the dough slightly. Place the stuffed pepper on a baking tray, transfer the baking tray to the oven, and bake the stuffed pepper flower at 350°F for 15–20 minutes.
5. Once the stuffed pepper flower has baked, heat up the creamed spinach and spoon a large helping of it onto a plate. Serve the stuffed pepper flower on top of the bed of creamed spinach.
Stuffed peppers are a classic and comforting dish, and this recipe makes them even more inviting! This blooming beauty stuffed with ground beef and cheese simply can't be beat!
Get the recipe for the Stuffed Pepper Roses featured in the bonus video.