Ground Beef Molehill Stuffed With Mashed Potatoes & Bacon
This molehill certainly won't upset a nature lover, because it tastes delicious! Seasoned ground beef with a delicious filling of mashed potatoes, bacon, and cheese plus an "earth" covering of buttery crunchy bread crumbs and a flowery meadow of crispy vegetables – what's not to love? A mole that leaves such tasty hills is certainly a welcome guest in our garden!
For the ground beef:
- 4½ lbs ground beef
- 8 oz bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp mustard
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
For the mashed potatoes:
- 1½ lbs cooked potatoes
- 3 oz bacon, diced
- 3 oz gouda cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- 10 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz whole wheat bread
- 3 tbsp butter
- flower-shaped carrots, bell peppers, and radishes to garnish
- lettuce, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Add the eggs, bread crumbs, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, pepper, mustard, and parsley to the ground beef and mix well.
2. Line a 10-inch bowl with plastic wrap and press the meat into the walls of the bowl, making sure there are no cracks in the meat.
3. Peel and boil the potatoes. Add the cooked bacon, cheese, salt, and pepper to the potatoes and mash until smooth.
4. Firmly pack 1/2 of the mashed potato mixture into the bowl over the ground beef.
5. Cover with a layer of ground beef and firmly pack it down.
6. Add the rest of the mashed potatoes, followed by a final layer of ground beef.
7. Flip the ground beef molehill onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and carefully remove the bowl and plastic wrap.
8. Poke about 10 holes in the molehill to prevent cracks and then cook for 80 minutes on the bottom rack.
9. Once the molehill has cooled down, coat it with cream cheese.
10. Tear up the whole wheat bread into small pieces, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the bread crumbs, and fry for 5-6 minutes until crispy.
11. Sprinkle the fried bread crumbs over the cream cheese.
12. Decorate the molehill with bell pepper, carrot, and radish flowers.
This tasty molehill has every possible thing you could want in a single dish – with ground beef, mashed potatoes, bacon, and cheese, it's a real winner! You can find the recipe for the Chocolate Mole Cake featured in the bonus video here.