Crepe Cake Stuffed With Fresh Fruit, Chocolate & Whipped Cream
If you're lucky enough to live near a state fair with a crepe stand, then you know just how amazing the ultra-thin sister to the pancake is, especially when it's filled with fresh strawberries and Nutella. We're taking fair food to a whole new level with this layered crepe cake stuffed with sweet berries, fluffy mascarpone cream, and creamy chocolate.
For the crepe batter:
- 8 oz flour
- 2 oz sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp oil
- 16 fl oz milk
For the mascarpone whipped cream:
- 8 oz mascarpone
- 2 oz powdered sugar
- 16 fl oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean
For the filling:
- 6 oz strawberries
- 6 oz raspberries
- chocolate spread
1. Prepare the crepe batter and make 9 crepes in a large, flat pan. Let the crepes cool before moving on to the next step.
2. Combine the mascarpone whipped cream ingredients and stir until a thick, yet smooth cream forms.
3. Lay out 5 crepes in a springform pan, as shown in the video. Spoon ¼ of the mascarpone whipped cream mixture in the bottom of the pan. Cut 8 strawberries in half and press them into the cream. Drizzle some chocolate spread over the cream and then place another crepe on top.
4. Spoon ¼ of the mascarpone whipped cream mixture over the crepe, push some raspberries into the cream, drizzle some chocolate spread over the cream, and then place another crepe on top.
5. Repeat steps #3 and #4. Finally, fold the protruding edges of the crepes in so they overlap on the last crepe layer. Refrigerate the crepe cake for at least 1 hour.
Remove the cake from the springform pan and decorate the top with fresh strawberries and raspberries and your sweet masterpiece is ready to go!
You can find the recipe for the Rainbow Crepe Cake featured in the bonus video here.