Stuffed Cauliflower – A Hearty, Filling Lunchtime Recipe
It's true that you'd normally serve cauliflower once you've cut it up into its individual florets. Today however, we have an alternative proposal: serve it all in one piece! Decorated with other vegetables, béchamel sauce poured on top, and crowned with cheese, it definitely makes for an unusual dish.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 red onion
- 1 green pepper
- 3 slices cheese
- 3 slice cooked ham
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 8.5 fl oz milk
- salt and pepper
- 3.5 oz grated mozzarella
- Cook the cauliflower whole.
- Cut the onion and the pepper into wedges. Then roll the three slices of cheese up in individual pieces of ham and then cut the rolls in half.
- Hold the cauliflower florets apart so that you can stick the onion and pepper wedges, as well as the cheese and ham rolls, into the gaps. Divide everything evenly over the whole cauliflower head.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the flour while stirring steadily with a whisk. Pour in the milk and season with salt and pepper. Grate a little fresh nutmeg into the sauce and cook it until it thickens.
- Now pour the sauce over the stuffed cauliflower and sprinkle mozzarella on top. Then bake the cauliflower for 20 minutes in a convection oven at 340°F.
For everyone who's now developed a taste for it, you could also try our creative recipes for marinated cauliflower and cheesy cauliflower nuggets. With so many meals to try, thank goodness cauliflower is in the supermarkets all year round!