Homemade Yeast Rolls Stuffed With 3 Different Fillings
These stuffed buns are the ultimate party food – you can make a whole tray in no time at all and feed an entire army, plus they're super delicious! Stuffed with tomato and mozzarella, spinach and feta, and cocktail weenies and cheese, these doughy treats are simply irresistible!
You'll Need (for 31 rolls):
For the yeast dough:
- 4 cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk, lukewarm
For the fillings:
- 11 mozzarella pearls
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 cocktail sausages
- 10 cheese strips
- 10 feta cheese cubes
- 3 cups cooked spinach
- 2 egg yolks + 1 tbsp milk for the egg wash
- red pesto, crispy fried onions & basil pesto for the toppings
1. For the yeast dough, add the flour, sugar, dry yeast, salt, butter, egg, and milk to a bowl and knead until you have a smooth dough. Let the dough rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.
2. Take a handful of dough, form it into a ball, and press it flat. Repeat the same process with the rest of the dough.
3. Press a mozzarella pearl and half a cherry tomato together, place it on the dough, and fold the dough around the filling to form a ball. Transfer the stuffed dough ball to a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
4. Roll a thin strip of cheese around a cocktail sausage, place it on the dough, fold the dough around the filling to form a ball, and transfer the stuffed dough ball to the baking tray.
5. Wrap some cooked spinach around a feta cheese cube, place it on the dough, fold the dough around the filling to form a ball, and transfer the stuffed dough ball to the baking tray. Repeat the process with the rest of the yeast dough and fillings and arrange the stuffed dough balls in an offset pattern on the baking tray. Cover the baking tray with plastic wrap and let the dough balls rise for another 30 minutes.
6. Brush the egg wash over the buns, transfer the baking tray to a preheated oven set to 325°F, and cook for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, top the caprese buns with red pesto, top the weenie buns with crispy fried onions, top the feta spinach buns with basil pesto, and bake for another 5 minutes. If the buns start to brown too much, simply cover the baking tray with aluminum foil.
One bite of these fluffy stuffed buns and you'll instantly notice how perfectly the toppings complement the fillings. And who doesn't love an assortment?! Enjoy!
Get the recipe for the One-Pot Stuffed Yeast Rolls featured in the bonus video.