Bacon And Cheese Roll-Up Stuffed With Ground Pork
When you make a sandwich or a wrap, let's face it – it's all about the fillings. That's why we decided to skip the bread and toss the tortilla in this recipe for a bacon & cheese roll-up! A melted bacon & cheese coating gets wrapped around a deliciously tangy ground pork, sautéed bell pepper, and lettuce filling, bringing you an extra cheesy, extra delicious lunch or dinner idea. Life can be so easy once things get extra cheesy!
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 1 x 14 oz block of cheese
- 7 oz bacon, fried & chopped
- 1 head of lettuce
- 14 oz ground pork
- 1 red & 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Place the large block of cheese in a resealable plastic bag and seal it. Boil some water on the stove and submerge the plastic bag with the cheese in it in the water. Let the cheese heat up for about 30 minutes in the hot water (about 175–200°F), and remove it from the water once the cheese is fully melted.
2. Fry and chop the bacon, then scatter it over a clean work surface. Roll out the melted cheese on top of the chopped bacon until you have one large sheet of melted cheese.
3. Place 8–10 pieces of washed lettuce on top of the bacon & cheese layer.
4. Fry the ground pork in a frying pan on the stove. Add in the bell peppers and red onion and cook them until fragrant and tender. Add the ketchup, mustard, and shredded cheddar to the pan and stir everything together thoroughly. Turn off the heat and season with salt & pepper, then let the mixture cool slightly.
5. Spread the ground pork filling evenly over the bacon & cheese coating, then roll everything up tightly into a snug log.
Whether you're looking for an original, low-carb meal to try for lunch or you simply love cheese, this stuffed bacon & cheese roll-up is for you. Our mouths are watering just thinking about it!