Giant Strawberry Yogurt Chocolate Bar
Imagine a big bar of rich Greek yogurt coupled with fresh strawberries and covered in chocolate to give it that extra bit of crunch. Does it sound too good to be true? It's not, because you can try this gorgeous combination of flavors with this brand new recipe! The trick to getting this dessert into the shape of a giant chocolate bar is to line a loaf pan with kraft paper, and that's all there is to it – no sorcery, no secrets... just a delicious sweet treat that you need to try!
- 3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ package unflavored gelatin powder + cold water
- 6 oz strawberries
- 1½ cups whipped cream
- 12 oz milk chocolate, chopped
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (optional)
- kraft paper
- parchment paper
- loaf pan
1. Cut a piece of kraft paper so that it fits into a loaf pan (the kraft paper will help give the strawberry yogurt chocolate bar its shape).
2. Put a piece of parchment paper on top of the kraft paper.
3. Add the yogurt, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and sugar to a bowl and mix everything together.
4. Mix the unflavored gelatin powder with the appropriate amount of cold water according to the instructions on the package (do not add the boiling water called for as it will change the consistency). Stir the unflavored jello into the yogurt cream and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Slice the strawberries into fourths and add to the yogurt cream. Gently fold in the whipped cream, pour the finished result into the loaf pan, smooth out the top, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Add 3 oz of the milk chocolate and 3 oz of the semi-sweet chocolate to a bowl and let the chocolate melt over a hot water bath. Add some coconut oil to make the chocolate even smoother.
6. Evenly spread the melted chocolate over the hardened yogurt cream and refrigerate for another hour.
7. Melt the remaining chocolate over a hot water bath with some coconut oil. Meanwhile, flip the loaf pan over onto a cooling rack.
8. Remove the kraft paper and parchment paper and use a cookie cutter or a spoon to create small grooves in the white mass.
9. Pour the melted chocolate over the yogurt bar and refrigerate for 1 hour.
The yogurt and strawberry filling really makes this dessert taste light, airy, and refreshing. It's perfect for when you want to surprise people with something new and exciting. What's not to love?!
Get the recipe for the Giant Twix featured in the bonus video.