Strawberry Tiramisu Cake – An Unique Take On A Classic Dessert
No one in their right mind would say no to a tasty tiramisu, and as tasty as the dish may be, sometimes we want something extra special. With the help of a springform pan, this is easily achieved. Just add some fresh strawberries on top and you'll have created a cute and fruity spin on a classic that anyone would love for dessert!
For the filling:
- 1½ cups mascarpone
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp warm milk
- 3 gelatin sheets
- 5 fl oz heavy cream
- 7 oz strawberries, chopped
For the sponge cake:
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 fl oz cold espresso
- 3½ cups whipped cream
For the decoration:
- white chocolate + red food coloring
- 18 - 19 ladyfingers
- 3 oz strawberries, chopped in half
- mint leaves
- Beat the mascarpone, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract into a cream. Dissolve the already softened gelatin in the milk while stirring. Then stir the milk into the mascarpone mix before folding in the whipped cream. Finally, fold in the strawberries.
- To make the sponge cake, first beat the eggs and sugar together until they are frothy. Next, add the rest of the ingredients, then pour the mixture into a small springform pan and spread it out flat. Then bake for 20 minutes at 400°F.
- Remove the cooled sponge cake from the pan and cut it into three equally thick layers. Separate the layers and dab the bottom one with some espresso. Then spread half the mascarpone mix on the sponge cake. Repeat all these steps with the second layer of sponge cake. Place the third layer on top of the rest of the cream and then dab it with espresso too. Then leave the cake to cool for 30 minutes.
- For the first part of the decoration, cover the cake evenly with more whipped cream that has been beaten until it is stiff.
- Melt the white chocolate over a water bath and dye it with some food coloring to produce a baby pink color. Dip the ladyfingers about a quarter of the way into the chocolate and then let dry. For this, you can stand the ladyfingers in cups, glasses, or even an ice cube tray in the fridge. Place the cookies with the hardened chocolate around the edge of the cake until it is completely covered. Then decorate the top with strawberries and some mint leaves.
Maybe you're preparing this beautiful cake for that special someone? This sweet declaration of love will leave them in no doubt about how you really feel!