Chocolate-Coated Strawberry Ice Cream Spheres With Puff Pastry
This delicious strawberry treat will charm everyone thanks to its fancy look and even better taste. It has everything a perfect dessert needs: strawberries, chocolate, cream, and puff pastry, not to mention it looks like something you'd find in a Michelin star restaurant.
You'll Need (for 3 spheres):
For the strawberry spheres:
- 5 oz strawberries
- 4 oz white chocolate
- 3 fl oz milk
- 3 gelatin sheets
- 8 oz whipped cream
For the chocolate coating:
- 8 oz white chocolate
- red food coloring
- puff pastry
- chocolate cookies
- 5 fl oz strawberry syrup
- 6-cavity half sphere silicone mold
1. Cut the strawberries into very thin slices and line the silicone molds with them.
2. Briefly boil the milk, add the soaked gelatin and chopped white chocolate, and mix well. Once the chocolate has melted, let the mixture cool to 77°F and then fold in the whipped cream.
3. Set some of the cream aside and pour the rest over the sliced strawberries. Add some small chopped strawberries to each mold, gently press them into the cream, and smooth out the tops. Freeze the mold for at least 3 hours.
4. Remove the mold from the freezer and spread the reserved cream on top of 3 of the molds.
5. Fold the mold together and secure it with 4 clothespins. Freeze for about 1 hour.
6. Remove the clothespins, unfold the mold, and you now have 3 strawberry spheres.
7. For the chocolate coating, melt the white chocolate and str in a few drops of red food coloring. Pour the melted, pink chocolate over the balls in the mold. Refrigerate until the chocolate sets.
8. Gently remove the chocolate strawberry balls from the mold.
9. Cut the puff pastry into two 5 x 5 in pieces and bake them at 350°F until golden brown and puffy.
10. Crumble some chocolate cookies on a plate and stack the two puff pastry squares on top of one another, with a middle layer of cream if you have any leftover. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the puff pastry and place a strawberry sphere on top. Finish with a drizzle of strawberry syrup.
What a lavish dessert, not to mention quite tasty! Talk about an show-stopping way to end dinner.
You can find the recipe for the Strawberry Ice Cream Cake featured in the bonus video here.