It's Never Too Cold For Strawberry Cake With A Chocolate Ice Cream Layer
Culinary wise, summer is not only the perfect time for hearty BBQs, but also for sweet, cold food. But guess what? You can still enjoy all the best summer foods long after the warmer months have turned to fall. After all, there's never a wrong time to eat fresh fruit, creamy cake, and velvety ice cream, and so much the better when all three are combined into one luscious treat.
- 5-10 strawberries (depending on size)
- 7 oz chocolate ice cream
- 8 honey waffle cookies
For the cream:
- 9 oz mascarpone
- 12 fl oz cream
- 2 oz sugar
- 5⅓ oz strawberries, diced
1. Cut the leaves and stems off the strawberries and cut enough slices to line the inside of your glass loaf pan.
2. Mix the mascarpone, cream, and sugar together and gently fold in the diced strawberries. Spoon about ⅓ of the cream mixture in the bottom of the glass dish.
3. Place 4 scoops of chocolate ice cream next to each other on a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap the plastic around the ice cream and shape it into a log. Freeze the ice cream roll for 1 hour.
4. Unwrap the frozen ice cream roll and place it on top of the cream in the loaf pan. Cover the ice cream with the rest of the cream and smooth out the top.
5. Cut each honey waffle cookie into a square and place them on top of the cream. Freeze for 4 hours.
To serve the strawberry chocolate ice cream cake, turn the pan upside down over a plate or serving platter and let the cake slide out. The side with the waffle cookies will now be the cake bottom.
This tasty dessert can be eaten all year round, and it will be an especially nice memory and throwback to those hot summer days as we begin to enter the colder months. Your dinner guests will certainly be thrilled to be reminded of the taste of summer once winter hits.