Strawberry Cream Cake With A Chocolate Ice Cream Layer
Summer is not only the perfect time for hearty BBQs, but also for sweet, cold food. And best of all, you can enjoy summer favorites all season long and even after the warmer months turn to fall. After all, there's never a wrong time to eat fresh fruit, creamy cake, and velvety ice cream, and so much the better when all three are combined into one luscious treat!
- 5-10 strawberries (depending on size)
- 4 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 8 honey waffle cookies
For the strawberry cream:
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 6 oz strawberries, diced
1. Cut the leaves and stems off the whole strawberries and cut enough slices to line the inside of a glass loaf pan.
2. Mix the mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, and sugar together and gently fold in the diced strawberries. Spoon about ⅓ of the strawberry cream mixture into the bottom of the glass dish.
3. Place 4 scoops of chocolate ice cream next to each other on a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap the plastic around the ice cream and shape it into a log. Freeze the ice cream roll for 1 hour.
4. Unwrap the frozen ice cream roll and place it on top of the strawberry cream in the loaf pan. Cover the ice cream with the rest of the strawberry cream and smooth out the top.
5. Cut each honey waffle cookie into a square and place them on top of the strawberry cream. Freeze for 4 hours.
6. To serve the strawberry chocolate ice cream cake, turn the pan upside down over a plate or serving platter and let the cake slide out. The side with the waffle cookies will now be the cake bottom.
The best thing about this tasty dessert is that it can be eaten all year round, but it's an especially nice treat to cool you down on warm summer days. If you're looking for more strawberry desserts, check out the recipe for the Strawberry Baked Alaska featured in the bonus video.