Strawberry Dome Cake: An easy dessert recipe with lots of fruit
The average American consumes almost eight pounds of fresh strawberries every year. But if the general public catches wind of the following delicious recipe, this number is likely to skyrocket! That's because our creamy dome cake uses almost three pounds of the red fruit. And once you've tried our delectable dessert, you won't be able to resist taking another slice!
For the mousse:
- 26½ oz halved strawberries
- 8¾ oz strawberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 10½ oz gelatin
- 5¼ oz icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 26½ oz cream cheese
- 10½ oz whipped cream
For the sponge:
For the decoration:
- 9 oz halved strawberries
- Line a large bowl (around 9 inches in diameter) with clear food wrap and place the halved strawberries inside, keeping them tightly packed.
- Blend the rest of the strawberries with the lemon juice in another large bowl.
- Warm up some water in a pot and dissolve the gelatin at a low heat. Next, remove the pot from the heat and stir in two tablespoons of pureed strawberries into the dissolved gelatin.
- Pour this mix into the rest of the pureed strawberries before adding the icing sugar, vanilla flavoring, cream cheese, and whipped cream. Stir the ingredients until you have a nice even mixture. Next, spoon this mixture onto the strawberries in the bowl.
- It's now time to make the sponge mix. First, whisk the eggs and sugar until you have a foamy mix that's almost white. Next, fold in the two types of flour and salt before working everything into a smooth batter. Now pour the batter into a greased springform cake pan (around 7½ inches in diameter) and bake it in a convection oven set to 360°F for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cooled sponge from the cake pan and place it on top of the mousse in the bowl. Refrigerate the cake for at least 12 hours.
- Carefully turn out the cake onto a plate and arrange the remaining halved strawberries around it.
Thanks to its delicate mousse, towering size, and tempting color, our Strawberry Dome Cake is the perfect treat when you have friends over for coffee. You can also prepare this dessert with different fruits if you're feeling adventurous. Go on — give it a try!