This Creamy No-Bake Strawberry Dream Cake Is Perfect For Lazy Nights
Strawberry season may be coming to a close, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still make the most of it. And if you need a little creative inspiration, then look no further than this recipe — with fresh fruit, velvety cream, and a dark chocolate glaze, this no-bake cake is a surefire hit.
For the cookie crumb base:
- 7 oz chocolate chip cookies
- 3 oz melted butter
For the filling:
- 16 oz fresh strawberries
- 4 eggs
- 3½ oz sugar
- 1½ oz flour
- 17 fl oz hot milk
- 4 sheets soaked gelatin
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 10½ oz whipped cream
For the glaze:
- 3½ oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 oz soft butter
- 3⅓ fl oz boiled cream
1. Line the inner walls of a 9½-inch springform pan with a strip of plastic or a cake border. Crumble the cookies, mix them together with the melted butter, and evenly spread the cookie crumb base on the bottom of the pan.
2. Wash the strawberries and remove the stems. Cut enough strawberries in half lengthwise to line the wall of the pan. Place the rest of the strawberries, stem-side down, in the center.
3. Heat the milk in a saucepan until it is almost boiling. Then beat the eggs, sugar, and flour with a hand mixer in a separate pot until frothy and move the pot to the stove. Pour half of the hot milk into the pot and stir with a whisk. Then pour in the rest of the hot milk and let the entire mixture simmer over a low heat until it thickens. Turn off the stove and stir in the soaked gelatin sheets and vanilla extract. Then refrigerate the cream.
4. Pour the cream into a large bowl and carefully fold in the whipped cream. Pour the mixture into the cake pan, smooth out the surface, and refrigerate the pan.
5. Add the chopped chocolate and butter to a bowl and pour in the boiled cream. Wait a minute to let the butter and chocolate melt and then stir everything together with a whisk until you have a smooth sauce.
6. Pour the chocolate glaze over the cake and refrigerate the pan once more so that the top layer can become firm. Remove the cake border before serving and voilà: your strawberry dream cake is ready!
The strawberry is hard to beat in terms of popularity and versatility, but this recipe is especially great because it adds fruit, chocolate, and a rich vanilla cream into the mix. And if you need any more reasons to give this delectable dessert a try: you don’t have to worry about this creamy treat drying out.