Make This Fruity Strawberry Cream Cake For Your End-Of-Summer Party
Sun filled days and balmy evenings! Summer is coming to a close, and with it the garden parties, barbecues, open air festivals, and, above all, the tastiest fruits of the season: fresh strawberries. So to take advantage of the final days of the hit ingredient, what could be better than a delicious cake that skillfully combines strawberries with fresh cream and even conceals a fruity surprise in the middle? This creamy strawberry cream cake has it all and is even easy to make, so hop to it.
For the cake:
- 8¾ oz soft butter
- 7 oz sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 oz flour
- 2½ oz cocoa powder
- 4½ oz corn starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the cream cheese mousse:
- 8¾ oz cream cheese
- 1¾ oz sugar
- 7 fl oz cream
- 3 gelatin sheets
- orange zest
You'll also need:
- 15 strawberries
1. Cream the butter, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and eggs together until frothy. Gradually mix in the flour, cocoa powder, corn starch, and baking powder and stir everything until creamy.
2. Pour the batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan and bake at 320°F for about 45 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool before cutting out a rectangular section about 1 inch in from the edge of the pan.
3. Carefully smooth the hollowed-out section inside the cake to make room for the filling. Then place 5 big strawberries in the middle of the cavity.
4. To make the filling, mix the cream cheese, sugar, orange zest, and 5 fl oz of the cream until frothy. Then heat the other 2 fl oz of cream and dissolve the gelatin in it. Add this mixture to the rest of the cream. Stir the whole thing once more and then pour the cream into the hollowed-out section of the cake.
5. Refrigerate the cake for 2 hours and allow the filling to set. Finally, garnish the cake with the remaining strawberries and some of the cake crumbs from the hollowed-out section.
6. And for the real cherry on top of the sundae: add a few mint leaves to the top of the cake.
What a feast for all the senses, because this perfect party dessert tastes just as grandiose as it looks. Talk about two for the price of one!