Strawberries And Cream Tiramisu
We're pretty sure everyone has some ladyfingers stashed away in a kitchen cabinet, you know – just in case a spontaneous craving for tiramisu kicks in or you want to spice up your coffee routine. In any case, ladyfingers are super versatile and you definitely don't have to be a pastry chef to incorporate them into your favorite desserts. Cue today's recipe: We're going to show you a different take on the classic tiramisu, one where ladyfingers feature front and center and strawberries and cream take center stage!
- 14 ladyfingers
- ⅔ cup cold coffee
- 2⅔ cups mascarpone
- 1⅔ cups powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 8 oz strawberries
- strawberry syrup
- fresh mint
1. Dunk the ladyfingers in cold coffee and stack them in a bowl.
2. Whip the mascarpone, powdered sugar, and heavy cream with a hand mixer. Spread a thin layer of the mixture over the ladyfingers in the bowl.
3. Cut the strawberries into thin slices and put them on the mascarpone cream. Now alternate between adding layers of cream and strawberries before refrigerating the bowl for 1 hour.
4. Flip the bowl over and use an offset spatula to spread the mascarpone cream over the entire cake.
5. Use a hot spoon to create small steps with a hollow all around and fill them with strawberry syrup.
Garnish the tiramisu with a few fresh mint leaves and a rose made from thin strawberries slices. This is an impressive and delicious dessert that doesn't involve a lot of fuss, so if you're pressed for time but want a dessert that can still wow both in terms of looks and taste, this is the perfect choice!
Get the recipe for the Strawberry Tiramisu Cake featured in the bonus video.