Spinach sunburst: good mood on a plate!
The sun is rising later and going to bed earlier. But before you begin to desperately cut photos of romantic sunsets from magazines, first try this recipe! It brings a bit of sunshine to every plate and leaves every guest happy.
You will need:
For the dough:
- 4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tsp. salt
For the filling:
- 12 oz spinach
- 12 oz ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 3.5 oz parmesan
- salt and pepper
- Knead the flour, vegetable oil, water, and salt until a smooth dough is formed. Divide the dough into two even portions, and roll each portion out to form a large circle.
- For the filling, mix the spinach, ricotta, one egg, parmesan, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Add this mixture to one of the dough halves in the following manner: a large portion in the center, with the rest forming a ring around the center portion. Make sure there is a bit of distance between the outer ring and the center.
- In and around the spinach filling, brush the dough with your second egg. Carefully place the other circle of dough on top and cut away any excess dough to form a perfect circle. With a fork, press the edges so that the two dough halves are secured together. This also creates a decorative pattern!
- Now make evenly distributed cuts into the outer spinach ring. Turn each each piece onto its side, so that the spinach filling is visible.
- Finally, brush the starburst with egg, and bake for 60 minutes at 340°F.
Let the sunshine in! The spinach sunburst not only warms the heart, but also the stomach. Perhaps the coming months will now be a little easier to endure. Enjoy!