Simple and delicious: Chicken with spinach and lemon sauce
If Popeye the Sailor Man were to cook dinner for his beloved Olive Oyl, this dish would certainly be at the top of his list. Simple and satisfying, the following recipe offers a delicious new way to serve chicken breasts. The best part? Popeye's favorite superfood is included. Ahoy!
You will need:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4.5 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves
- 12 oz spinach
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the chicken breasts on both sides. Remove from the pan once finished.
- Place the chopped garlic cloves into the hot pan.
- Add the chicken broth, cream cheese, lemon juice, and oregano, and stir until the sauce reaches a creamy consistency.
- Stir in the spinach and then place the cooked chicken breasts on top.
- Cover the pan and let simmer for 12-15 minutes.
You may not instantaneously have arms like Popeye, but this simple recipe will have everyone going back for seconds. What are you waiting for? Enjoy!