Bring A Taste of Spain To Your Kitchen With This Wonderfully Simple Recipe
No time for a trip to Spain? No problem, since today we're bringing Spain into your kitchen! This famous specialty from the popular sunshine destination tastes great and can be knocked out in no time at all. All you really need is a small high-sided ovenproof pan and then the magic can begin!
You'll need (for 1 serving):
- 1 large potato
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 5½ oz ham
- 2 jalapeños
- 4 eggs
1. Peel the potato, cut it in half lengthways, and cut both halves into fine slices.
2. Add a little oil to a preheated small pan and fry the potato slices until they're crispy. While the potato slices are being cooked, chop up the garlic and onion into thin strips. Add them to the pan.
3. Now cut the ham into strips and add them to the potatoes.
4. It's now time to add the jalapeños. As with the other ingredients, they should be cut into thin strips before being added to the pan.
5. Once everything is nice and crispy, take the pan off the heat. Whisk the eggs with salt and pepper before carefully pouring the mixture into the pan.
6. Now place the pan in a preheated oven set to 375°F and bake the tortilla for about 20 minutes.
7. Sprinkle some parsley over the tortilla.
8. You're now done! You can even serve it straight from the pan. We also recommend washing it all down with a dry red.
Easy to prepare and an absolute delight to the last bite — what more could you want?
You can find the recipe for the bonus video here.