Spaghetti Pizza With Pepperoni, Meat Sauce, Parmesan, Mozzarella, And Cheddar Cheese
Nonnas everywhere are shaking because there's a new kid in town. And that kid's name is Spaghetti Pizza. This recipe breaks all the rules and combines two of the most universally beloved foods: pasta and pizza. Two layers of spaghetti noodles, with a layer of rich, delicious meat sauce in between, all topped with pepperoni, mozzarella, and cheddar to create a slice of heaven. Yup, we're taking you to heaven, and all you have to do is follow this recipe!
For the pasta base:
- vegetable oil to grease the pan
- ⅔ cup tbsp bread crumbs
- 14 oz spaghetti noodles
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the meat sauce:
- 8 oz ground beef
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 garlic glove, minced
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
For the toppings:
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 mozzarella ball (or 1 cup shredded mozzarella)
- pepperoni slices
- 9.5-inch pie plate
- 11-inch pie plate
- basil to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cook the spaghetti noodles in salted water, according to the instructions on the package. Grease the larger pie plate with vegetable oil and sprinkle the bread crumbs around the pan.
2. Mix the cooled spaghetti with the eggs, parmesan, and olive oil.
3. For the meat sauce, sauté the ground beef in olive oil and add onions and garlic. Add the tomato sauce, season with salt and pepper, and let simmer for a little while before adding some rosemary and thyme sprigs.
4. Put about 1/3 of the spaghetti noodles into the bigger pie plate and spread the meat sauce on top. Make sure you leave about an inch of space around the edge.
5. Now cover the whole thing with the rest of the noodles.
6. Press the smaller pie plate into the noodles and twist it around a little so that an edge forms around the sides. Now put the pizza base into the oven and cook at 375°F for 15 minutes.
7. Allow the pizza base to cool briefly, then remove the smaller pie plate. Spread the noodle base with tomato sauce and put cheddar, mozzarella, and pepperoni slices on top. Bake the pizza in the oven for 15 minutes at 400°F.
So the next time you can't decide between pasta or pizza, just remember this recipe and forget all about food FOMO!
Check out the recipe for the XXL Brie Pasta Fondue featured in the bonus video.