Spaghetti And Hot Dog-Stuffed Omelet Roll
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, fried, boiled, poached – eggs are always great. They have a ton of protein to help us through the day, they're filling, and of course, they're unbelievably versatile. Where would we be without them? Our homage to the egg comes in the form of an omelet, the likes of which you've never seen before – we're talking spaghetti and a hot dog wrapped in a cheesy omelet roll. If you're eggstremely intrigued, check out this recipe!
You'll Need (for 2):
- 6 eggs
- 7 slices American white cheese
- 1 hot dog
- 2 oz spaghetti, cooked
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- chives & parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil
1. Crack the eggs into a bowl, whisk them, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat some oil in a square pan over medium heat, pour in a thin layer of egg, and let it cook a little.
3. Wrap the hot dog in a slice of cheese and place it close to one side of the pan.
4. Use a spatula to carefully roll the egg mixture all the way around the hot dog and push it to the other side of the pan.
5. Pour another layer of egg into the free space in the pan and let it set.
6. Put a slice of cheese, a handful of cooked spaghetti, and tomato sauce on top of the cooked egg layer.
7. Roll the egg mixture up again with a spatula to make more space in the pan.
8. Add the chopped herbs to the rest of the egg batter and pour about half of the mixture into the pan.
9. Put 1 slice of cheese on top of the set egg layer and roll everything up once again.
10. Add the rest of the egg batter to the pan, top it with a slice of cheese, and roll it up again.
TIP: You won't be able to properly roll the omelet roll around due to its size, so just turn it in the pan until it's fully cooked through.
11. Once it's cooked, carefully remove the omelet roll from the pan, place it on a piece of parchment paper and wrap it up like a sandwich.
12. Cut the omelet roll in half and enjoy!
The proof is in the omelet: there's no limit to the versatility of eggs and you can use them to truly make the most creative dishes ever! Why not give it a try for breakfast tomorrow morning?!
Get the recipes for the 3 Pasta Burritos featured in the bonus video.