Spaghetti And Meatballs In A Garlic Bread Bowl
Spaghetti & meatballs are a go-to meal in a lot of households, and for good reason! Between the delicious combination of pasta, tomato sauce, hearty meatballs, and cheese sprinkled on top, it's a classic meal that keeps the whole family full and happy. But the problem with go-to meals is that you end up serving them over and over again in the same old ways, which can take away from the fun of actually eating them. That's where this recipe for spaghetti & meatballs in a garlic bread bowl comes in. Garlic bread makes a great side for any pasta dinner, but transforming it into a scrumptious bread bowl to serve your spaghetti in? Genius! Your pasta dinner just got even more delicious and even more fun to eat!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
For the garlic bread bowl:
- 1 loaf of rustic bread
- 1 cup melted garlic butter, divided
- 1 cup tomato sauce, divided
- 3 tbsp chopped basil
- 5 oz grape tomatoes, halved
- spaghetti & meatballs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
For the spaghetti & meatballs
- 8 oz cooked spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup tomato sauce
1. Cut off the top third of the bread loaf and set the lid aside for later. Hollow out the inside of the bread bowl and brush half of the melted garlic butter over the inside.
2. Spread half of the tomato sauce over the inside of the bread bowl and top with a layer of chopped basil and halved grape tomatoes. Twirl spoonfuls of the cooked spaghetti and place them inside the bread bowl.
3. For the meatballs, season the ground beef with salt and pepper, form small balls from the ground beef mixture, and fry them in a pan on all sides until cooked through.
4. Place the cooked meatballs on top of the spaghetti in the bread bowl and top with the rest of the tomato sauce and half of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
5. Make several vertical and horizontal incisions in the top of the bread bowl lid, brush the rest of the melted garlic butter over it, and press the rest of the shredded mozzarella cheese into the slits.
6. Place the spaghetti & meatballs garlic bread bowl and bread bowl lid on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Transfer the baking tray to a preheated oven and cook at 400°F for 7-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
This simple recipe for spaghetti & meatballs served in a homemade garlic bread bowl is the perfect way to switch things up and breathe new life into your pasta dinners. What a delicious way to combine 2 of everyone's favorite comfort foods!
Get the recipes for the 3 Sweet & Savory Bread Bowls featured in the bonus video.