Hungry, Why Wait? Because A Homemade Snickers Cake Is Worth It!
Liza Minelli, Aretha Franklin, and Rowan Atkinson have all done it, and now it's Elton John's turn. That's right – they have all done advertisements for one of the tastiest candy bars out there: the Snickers bar. And since the candy bar is so famous and delicious, why not devote an entire cake to it? Our recipe combines peanuts, caramel, and chocolate to create a heavenly taste that's oh, so satisfying.
- 1 chocolate cake (in a 7-inch springform pan)
For the caramel peanut layer:
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup heavy cream, lukewarm
- 6 oz bag of salted peanuts
For the peanut cream:
- 16 oz (2¼ cups) mascarpone
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Snickers bar
For the chocolate glaze:
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 Snickers bars
Tip: For a really great cake, go ahead and make the chocolate cake yourself. Beat 3 eggs with a pinch of salt and ⅓ cup of sugar until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix ⅓ cup flour, ¼ cup cocoa powder, ½ cup corn starch, and 1 tbsp baking powder together and then add to the egg mixture. Pour the final batter into a springform pan and bake 25-30 minutes at 350°F.
1. Cut the cake in half horizontally and put the bottom half in a springform pan.
2. Caramelize the sugar in a pot until golden brown and add the cream. Stir both ingredients together until well blended and then stir in the peanuts. Let the mixture cool down before pouring over the cake base.
3. To make the peanut cream, add the mascarpone and peanut butter to a large bowl, followed by the powdered sugar, corn starch, and sugar. Grate a snickers bar over the ingredients and then mix everything together.
4. Spread the peanut cream over the peanut caramel layer, place the top half of the chocolate cake on top, and refrigerate the cake for an hour. Then remove the cake from the pan.
5. To prepare the chocolate glaze, melt the milk chocolate and peanut butter together and stir well. Pour the glaze evenly over the cake and garnish with 2 Snickers bars cut into small pieces.
As the Snickers slogan goes: "You're not you when you're hungry." So go ahead and grab one (or three!) Snickers bars and prep yourself for this wonderful cake! If you can't get enough of your favorite candy bars, check out the recipe for the Giant Twix Bar featured in the bonus video.