Mouth-watering baked potatoes, filled with sloppy joe style beef
It's not easy deciding what to serve for dinner. Meat and potatoes are a staple of many a western diet, but sometimes it's nice to shake things up a bit. Or, if you prefer to stick with the old favorites, why not bring them together in a new way? Add some variety to your table with this delicious recipe for sloppy joe-filled potatoes!
You will need:
- 4 large potatoes
- 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup green pepper
- 1 diced onion
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- Wash and boil the potatoes. If the potatoes have no sprouts, it is not necessary to peel them.
- Once soft, cut a hole in each potato and spoon out the insides. Be sure to save them for later!
- Heat a bit of oil in a pan and add the ground beef and onion, cooking until the beef is browned. Now add the green pepper, tomato sauce, mustard, and the rest of the spices.
- Now take the scooped-out portion of the potatoes and add them to the pan. Mix all together and remove from heat.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollowed potatoes, and top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 320°F.
Baked potatoes with butter and sour cream have nothing on this delicious dish! If you're looking for even more variety, try this potato volcano recipe. Caution: high eruption risk!