Creative and delicious: Slice of bread pizza
Picky eaters may be inclined to remove the crust from every slice of bread. But just as mom used to insist, that hard outer layer is actually packed with nutrients that do your body good. What a shame to discard it so quickly! With this recipe, you do remove the crust, but then it comes back to play a key role in locking all the flavors together. Curious?
You will need (for one serving):
- 1 slice of bread
- a bit of oil for the pan
- 1/4 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 slice of salami, diced
- 1 slice of ham, diced
- 1 egg
- grated mozzarella
- Remove the crust of the bread slice with a sharp knife. The crust must remain intact so that it forms a ring.
- Heat a bit of oil in a pan and brown the pepper, salami, and ham.
- Push the pepper, salami and ham to the center of the pan, and place the bread crust around the ingredients, framing them. Mix the egg and cheese in a small bowl and pour into the crust. Press the soft part of the orginal bread slice over the egg and cheese mixture.
- Cook both sides until golden brown, and enjoy!
Who knew that bread crusts could help create this delicious spin on the pizza slice? For breakfast, lunch, or a snack, this easy recipe is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.