Layers Upon Layers Of Creamy Ham & Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
Cakes aren't just for sweet treats, but if you don't believe us, go ahead and give our hearty scalloped potatoes cake a try! You love cake and you love scalloped potatoes, so what's not to love about this creamy ham and cheese casserole delight? It may not be a sweet one, but you're still in for a real treat!
- 8 large potatoes
- 5 fl oz olive oil
- coarse salt
- coarse black pepper
- 12 oz sliced ham
- 10 oz shredded cheese
For the cream sauce:
- 12 fl oz cream
- 3 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- springform pan (ø 9 inch)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Wash the potatoes and cut them into ¼-inch thick slices.
2. Arrange the potato slices on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, drizzle olive oil on top, season with salt and pepper, and bake for 15 minutes.
3. Grease the springform pan with butter and lay out the potato slices as shown in the video.
4. Lay 3 large slices of ham over the potatoes and cover with some of the shredded cheese.
5. Prepare the cream sauce by combining the eggs and cream and seasoning with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
6. Pour ⅓ of the cream sauce over the cheese, followed by another layer of potato slices, ham, and cheese. Continue layering until you reach the top, with potato slices being the last layer. Bake for another 60 minutes.
Before digging into this delicious casserole cake concoction, first let it cool down and then garnish with fresh parsley. Bon appétit!
You can find the recipe for the Mashed Potato Meatloaf Cake featured in the bonus video here.