Warm dough filled with salmon and spinach
Many people are familiar with pigs in a blanket, but these little treats, albeit delicious, may not be the best choice when planning a special dinner. Now there's a way to apply the same idea, but with fish! Covered with spinach and wrapped in a golden, flaky package, this salmon recipe is perfect for your next candlelit dinner.
You will need:
- 2 oz spinach
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 sheets filo dough
- 2 salmon fillets, 3.5 oz each
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- Brush one sheet of filo dough with melted butter and place one of the salmon fillets towards the edge of the sheet so that it can be properly rolled later.
- Season the salmon with the salt, pepper, and lime juice,
- Spread a bit of crème fraîche over the seasoned salmon fillet, followed by the spinach. Finally, sprinkle the nutmeg on top of the spinach and now you're almost ready to roll!
- Pull the sides of the dough in to cover the salmon, but before you roll, brush the entire dough area with egg. Now tuck in the edges and tightly roll.
- Gently score the dough 2-3 times before baking for 15 minutes at 375°F.
With this dish, nothing stands in the way of the perfect date night. And because no onions or garlic are involved, there's no need to worry about foul breath. If the way to a person's heart is through his or her stomach, then love will definitely be on the dessert menu! Enjoy!