When it's your turn for cocktail hour, try these easy hors d'oeuvres
So your sophisticated new social circle enjoys a cocktail and a canapé... how utterly fabulous! Until it's your first time to host! Does this mean you have to invest in all that fancy cocktail making equipment, not to mention learn the proper glass and garnish etiquette? C'mon, it's fun! Everyone's doing it! Feeling overwhelmed and want our advice? Concentrate on making the cocktails and the conversation unforgettable and let the snacks be as easy and stress free as possible.
These hors d'oeuvres are all about minimal effort, maximum presentation!
You will need:
- 30 slices salami
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ⅓ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup black olives, cut into quarters
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap on the counter and arrange the salami slices in overlapping rows so that they form one solid sheet.
- Spread the cream cheese over the entire bed of salami and sprinkle the 3 toppings — pepper, parsley, olives — each over a third of the salami.
- Using the plastic wrap, roll the salami slices together tightly and then refrigerate for 2 hours. Then remove the plastic wrap and cut the roll into individual portions with a sharp knife.
Now that you've mastered these easy hors d'oeuvres basics, get back to studying those cocktails!