Pizza in a Bowl, a great recipe for lunch and dinner
Nobody would question that pizza is flat and round. How else would you make it? Well, how about this: the craftily made Pizza Bowl with salami, mushrooms and bolognese. Its unusual appearance will immediately get you interested.
You'll need (for 1 portion):
For the filling:
- 1.8 oz grated mozzarella
- 6 slices of salami
- ½ cup quartered, fried mushrooms
- olive oil
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 diced onion
- 5.3 oz ground meat
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3.4 fl oz sieved tomatoes
For the pizza dough:
- 4 cups flour
- 1½ tsp dry yeast
- 2½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8.5 fl oz lukewarm water
- 1 egg
- Cover the bottom of a medium size bowl with mozzarella (the bowl should not be plastic, and should be ovenproof). Place the salami slices and the onion on top.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and sweat the garlic and onion in it. Now add the ground meat and fry it, before seasoning it with salt and pepper. Then add the oregano and the tomatoes.
- Now create an even layer in the bowl using the finished bolognese.
- To make the pizza dough, first put the dry ingredients, then olive oil and water in a bowl. Knead the dough and leave it covered in a warm place for one hour.
- Knead the risen dough through once more, form it into a ball and roll it out into a circle on a floured work surface. Roll the dough out so it's around two inches bigger in diameter than the bowl you used. Then place the dough on the bowl so that it overlaps the edges (pressing it down firmly is not necessary). Brush the entire dough with the beaten egg.
- Bake the filled bowl in a convection oven for 10 minutes at 360°F. This will let the dough rise and become crispy, while the filling stays moist.
When serving, turn the bowl upside down so that now the baked dough forms the pizza bowl and the filling lies inside it. This step will certainly amaze and entertain — so don't miss the chance to to reveal this tasty secret to your guests!