Raspberry Yogurt Bombe – A Delightfully Sweet Afternoon Treat
How about a recipe that combines fresh raspberries and creamy yogurt to create a frozen treat that tastes simply amazing? It's a dream come true for every ice cream and sherbet lover out there!
- 12 oz plain yogurt
- 2 oz sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- juice of ½ lemon
- 8 oz whipped cream
- 8 oz raspberries
- 5 oz cookie dough of your choice
- raspberries, blackberries, blueberries to garnish
1. Add the sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice to the yogurt and beat until a stiff cream forms.
2. Lay a sieve on the bowl and cover it with a clean kitchen towel. Pour the yogurt cream into the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
3. Puree the raspberries, pass the mixture through a sieve and into a small bowl, and freeze overnight.
4. The next day, hollow out a section of the yogurt dome that will fit the size of the raspberry disc.
5. Place the raspberry disc in the hollow space and completely cover the top with some of the yogurt cream you removed.
6. Press the cookie dough into a springform pan lined with parchment paper (the pan should be the same diameter as the yogurt dome). Bake in a preheated oven set to 350°F for 12 minutes.
7. Once the cookie cake has cooled, place it on top of the yogurt dome.
8. Gently remove the cloth from the yogurt dome, turn it over onto a plate, and garnish with fresh berries.
This raspberry yogurt bomb not only looks refreshing with it's pretty berry ring, but it also tastes delicious – and that's saying something for such a healthy dessert!
You can find the recipe for the Berries & Banana Ice Cream Cake featured in the bonus video here.