Beautiful and tantalizing: raspberry tartlets
Have you ever walked into a patisserie or upscale bakery, and been absolutely enchanted by the small fruit-adorned tarts, elegantly on display? As tempting as they may be, they often come with a high price. With this recipe, you can whip up gorgeous, sinfully sweet tartlets right at home!
You will need:
For the dough:
- 1 and 3/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
For the filling:
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. vanilla sugar (or 1 tsp. vanilla extract)
- 3 tbsp. corn starch
- fresh raspberries
- fresh blueberries
- To prepare the dough, knead the flour, powdered sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla extract together in a mixing bowl. Once smooth, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle your work surface with flour, and roll out the dough using a rolling pin. With the help of a mini tart pan, press out individual portions to press inside each pan.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Meanwhile, start to prepare the filling. Combine the two egg yolks with the sugar, the vanilla sugar (or 1 tsp. vanilla extract if vanilla sugar is difficult to find), and corn starch. Mix well. Heat the milk on the stove and once simmering, add the egg mixture to the pot and stir.
- Once the crusts have cooled, remove them from the mini pans and add the filling.
- Finally, garnish with raspberries and blueberries.
These delicious homemade raspberry tartlets are worth the effort. It's time to start planning that tea party! Enjoy!