Raspberry Macarons: Bakery Quality Right At Home
In patisseries worldwide, these trendy, high-end sweets can be found in every color and flavor imaginable. Delicate and beautiful, macarons are perfect at any classy tea party or get-together. Most people would be intimidated by the thought of preparing them. You think it would be a complicated, lengthy process, right? Well now you can set those worries aside. With this recipe, you can make perfect French raspberry macarons in the comfort of your own home!
You will need:
For the macarons:
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 & 1/2 tbsp egg white
- 2 tsp sugar
- pink food coloring
For the filling:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp raspberry puree
- Briefly beat the egg white before adding the sugar and a dash of food coloring. Continue beating, making sure that the egg white does not become too stiff.
- Combine the ground almonds with 1/3 cup of powdered sugar. Now put this mixture through a sieve, ensuring a smooth surface on the finished product.
- Little by little, gently fold the almond-powdered sugar mixture into the egg white mixture. It's best to do this in three parts.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking paper, transfer your your meringue mixture into a piping bag, and squeeze small portions onto the baking paper. Let the baking sheet sit for 30-40 minutes, until the macarons have dried.
- In the meantime, you can begin to prepare the filling. Mix the butter and 2/3 cup of powdered sugar until creamy.
- Now add 3 tbsp. of raspberry puree and mix thoroughly. For the puree, you can thaw frozen raspberries and press them through a sieve.
- Bake the dry macarons in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 300°F.
- Finally, transfer the filling to a piping bag and add a dab to half of your cooled macarons, smooth sides down. The rest of your macarons will serve as "lids."
Fans of this sweet confection can whip up different variations simply by using other kinds of fruit. You can even think about adding honey, chocolate, or lavender! Whatever you choose, let your table be covered by colorful macarons that could easily compete with those from the patisserie. Enjoy!