Raspberry Cream Cake: A Delight For All Senses
Cold weather and longer nights may be coming, but you can still bring a bit of summer magic to the table. Full of flavor and easy on the eye, our delicious raspberry cream cake is truly a delight for all senses. As you'll see, this is the perfect cake recipe for beating any winter blues.
For the cake base:
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the raspberry filling:
- 6.25 fl oz raspberry syrup
- 12.7 fl oz water
- ⅖ cup custard powder
- 3 cups frozen raspberries
For the cream:
- 3 ⅓ cups whipped cream
For the decoration:
- 12 butter cookies
- 12 raspberries
For the finishing touch (optional):
- icing sugar
- To create the cake base, mix the eggs and the sugar until they're foamy. Then mix the flour with the cornstarch and baking powder, before folding it into the egg and sugar mix. Now place baking parchment in a cake tin and spread the mix on top. To finish, place the cake tin in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes at 390°F.
- While the cake base is cooling, heat up the raspberry syrup with the water. Then stir the custard powder into water. Now stir the custard mix into the raspberry syrup water and bring it to the boil. Fold the frozen raspberries into the raspberry pudding mix. To finish, spread an even layer of the raspberry filling on top of the cake base and refrigerate it.
- Once the mix is cooled, whip up the cream and spread it on top of the raspberry filling.
- Then place the butter cookies on top of the cream.
- To add a bit of decoration to the top layer, adorn each cookie with a dollop of cream crowned with a fresh raspberry. The cake can now be cut into individual pieces.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on top of the masterpiece for the finishing touch.
Each tasty mouthful will hopefully transport you back to those warm summer evenings out in the yard or on the balcony. If you want to mix things up from time to time, you could try using blackberries or blueberries instead. Dig in!